Setting up an office is no simple task. You need to run from post to post to get your company registered, get your license, open a tax account and current account, find a space for an office, get commercial licenses for telephones, internet and electricity. You will be so tied up in getting everything organized that you might not get enough time to visit a furniture store to shop for office furniture. Hence, it would be a good idea to shop for furniture online.
The benefits of shopping for home & office furniture classifieds online include wide variety of products and competitive pricing. There are so many websites available online that you are bound to get a good price on the product that you are planning to buy. However, the downside is that you cannot touch and feel the product before buying it and it might become difficult for you to get the product shipped.
Despite the cons and pros, if you have decided to opt for buying home & office furniture online, then you can follow this procedure:
- Decide what kind of furniture you want to buy. There are hundreds of different designs available on the internet and you might want to buy everything. But that is not possible because you will have to stick to a budget. Hence, it would be helpful if you decide beforehand what kind of furniture you want to buy. Do you want to buy a corner table, a wooden executive table, glass topped table or workstation furniture?
- Once you have decided what kind of furniture you want to buy, you can start looking at websites that sell office furniture. By browsing through 4-5 websites, you can get a competitive quotation for a price. Sometimes, websites change the name of furniture to make it impossible to track it on other websites. In such a case, you can note the name of the manufacturer and search the furniture on other websites.
- Make sure you read through the user comments on the furniture. You will be able to get feedback on durability of furniture and the servicing offered by the manufacturer. You should make it a point to talk to the manufacturer at least once before buying the product, to get an opinion of the furniture you want to buy. If it is too difficult for you to get through to a sales executive, stay away from such a company because after sales servicing of such a company will be very bad.
- Read through the terms and conditions of the website selling the furniture, especially the part about returning the furniture and getting it serviced.
- Lastly, look at the shipping charges. A lot of websites offer free shipping and you can opt for them.
Since you cannot touch or feel office furniture being sold online, you should steer clear from used furniture being sold online. Unless you can meet the seller and inspect the furniture yourself, you should not consider used furniture as an option. By following these tips, you can find good office online for your upcoming office.